Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yellow Tail Shiraz & Chocolate [Fav]


Yellow Tail
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South Eastern Australia
Year: 2012
Price: 6.99

"Mulberry, spice, smooth vanilla. Enjoy with a good steak."

Simple. Yellow Tail is known for being basic. It's approachable and what people who don't drink wine reach for. After doing some extensive research via the Google, I found that this wine, although common, was highly recommended from many tasters. Better than the average tail, if you get what I'm saying. And I'd agree.

This wine has a peppery, spicy taste to it, but it's not overpowering. If you let it linger in your mouth, it does have a bit of an alcoholic burn, but it's pleasant if you drink it while eating. I'm currently sipping it, and have with me some 80% cocoa chocolate. They pair well together, although I think something a little sweeter may have even made a better compliment. The dark chocolate flows through my nose, and with a sip of wine, it tastes complex and rich. Full body! Yeah!

Like it a lot. I'll buy it again.. way better than some 12 dollar wines I've had. Go Aussie.

No comments:

Post a Comment