Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gnarly Head Authentic Red

Gnarly Head
Variety: Blend
Region: Lodi, California
Year: 2010
Price: 10.00
Points: 91

Blend: 50% Zinfandel, 20% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petite Sirah, 3% Syrah


When am I ever going to get bowled over by a wine? Not this time, certainly. I was about to start some homework, so a bottle of red sounded like a great idea. Instead of discussing why this is a messed up train of thought, lets talk about the flavor of the wine. Because I was concentrating much more on that than my environmental science... ps check out all those colorful books! What's sad/funny/true is that none of them are mine. Saving my books is a laughable idea when I could get some cash in my pocket. I won't-slash that-can't even tell you what I spent all my money on last semester ;) bad Alli!

Back to the wine: I keep tasting berries. So. Many. Berries. Blackberries seem to be the overarching taste is many of the reds I've tried lately. It was bold and full, and seemed a little thicker tha other wines. I would buy it again, but it was nothing too special. It did get me through my night, and I finished that bad boy bottle in little to no time. So that's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment