Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bodega Elena de Mendoza Blend*


Bodega Elena de Mendoza
Variety: Red Blend
Region: Mendoza, Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: 10.00

Malbec 62%, Syrah 21%, Bonarda 17%

My boyfriend picked this one for the bottle. He said he's into blends and the label looked manly. I agreed to it because because you're never really sure what you're going to be getting yourself into with a blend. And that sounds sounds kind of womanly. This one was surprisingly briney... lots of salt! There were some notes of blackberry when it first hit the tongue and during the mid-palate, but there was hardly any taste during the finish. This one is worth trying just for the interest of the salt, but there are better things out there. We both could agree on that.

Code wino: This wine got better over night! Over 24 hours later, and it was still tasting good. I think I was at a day and a half when I drank the second 50%, and I was a happy girl. It actually tasted less salty, less alchoholy and more fruity!

*HOLY ALTER EGO BATMAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment