Sunday, February 3, 2013

Alamos Malbec



Alamos
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza, Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: 10.00


Thank the good Lord for Wino Wednesday's at Bordeaux's. All bottles are half off. It's really just a dangerous thing. Thankfully, I wasn't the DD for my roommates birthday celebration dinner. 

To preface this wine experience, the food at Bordeaux's is so spicy. It's full of peppers and spice and everything that actually makes you a little uncomfortable later on. Too much? You know it's true. Luckily, this wine took the edge off the spice and cooled down my mouth from all the gallons of hot sauce I consumed. It had a flavor that wasn't to acidic, and brought to mind the color lavander. Take it as you will. I don't think I'd drink this one alone, but with the food, it did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment