Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ravenswood Shiraz


Raven Wood
Shiraz
California
2008
10.00

"87% Syrah, 5% Grenache, 5% Carignane, 3% Viognier A lovely shade of purple with a reddish hue is the inviting introduction to the complex, smoky, jammy, red current, and boysenberry scents"


What a nice shiraz! I tasted this one with my roomies on our boring Thursday night. This made it a little less boring. It was peppery on the nose, but had a surprisingly fruity but still smoky taste on the tongue. It had an acidity to it that was a bit unusual, but it worked well. There were clear tannins (hence the smokey and peppery), as it was probably aged in oak. I would certainly buy this wine again. I thought that I could taste a bit of strawberry and maybe even some coffee notes. Whew! I'm getting better at this. Or I'm just making all these tastes up...

No comments:

Post a Comment